Turn your classroom into a thriving Design and Technology workshop
The national curriculum states schools must teach a variety of creative and practical activities, where pupils are taught the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to engage in an iterative process of designing and making.
Is your school equipped to provide this to your children?
Hepp DT could be just what you are looking for as we provide high quality, engaging Design and Technology workshops and projects for all primary age children in your school setting.
Firstly, by choosing Hepp DT, we will…
- turn your primary classroom into a thriving hub of Design & Technology creativity
- take the hassle out of ensuring your pupils get their entitled Design & Technology curriculum at KS1 and KS2
- liaise with your school to organise tailor made sequences of lessons/projects fit for purpose
- work with both KS1 and KS2 pupils (this can be done as small targeted groups or full classes)
- plan, resource and deliver organised Design & Technology workshops that are fun, engaging and meaningful
- encourage enterprise opportunities within the project
- deliver community events to assist with parent/school links
And as a result, children will…
- develop lifelong skills such as: resilience; cooperative learning; imitation; imagination; problem solving and reviewing
- create quality final products every time
- produce a portfolio of excellent design and evaluative work that supports the making of the product
Please get in touch to negotiate your tailor-made package. All costs are subject to class sizes, materials needed for each project and length of programme required.
We pride ourselves on providing quality every time. Don’t just take our word for it… please see below for what our clients have to say:
‘Hepp DT has been invaluable to Burton Road School and the enhancement of our curriculum. The specialist expertise that they provide has fully supported the school in the delivery of our curriculum and eased the workload, and pressure, on teachers. It has taken this very niche curriculum aspect to a whole new level and their projects have been both innovative and engaging, achieving excellent outcomes for our children, with some wonderful work completed. We cannot recommend them highly enough!’
Matt Harris – Headteacher – Burton Road Primary School
‘We have been very lucky to have ‘Mr Hepp’ in Joseph Locke Primary School at several points over the year: both for one off topic days and for longer, planned sessions across Key Stage 1 and Stage 2. Andy has worked with class teachers to carefully plan a series of high-quality lessons which relate to a class topic and develop the children’s DT skills through the planning, making and evaluation stages. Expectations of the children are high and the children are given opportunities in DT which are often missing within the primary curriculum and in which they thrive.
As a school, we have already planned to have Andy working with our children again next year. I would wholeheartedly recommend him to other settings. The opportunities for children are first class; the children love the experience as it develops important skills which are often missed at this age.’
Judith Brock – Co-Headteacher – Joseph Locke Primary School
‘Whether you’re looking for a one off topic day, a particular project that inspires your pupils or regular DT input; Andy brings a level of enthusiasm and expertise that hooks the children into high quality practical technology work. He plans the sessions carefully, in conjunction with the class teachers, and prepares for sessions meticulously.
The children are always thrilled with their learning and they have the added bonus of a final product to decorate or evaluate that can be taken home or put on display.
I would wholeheartedly recommend the provision and can assure other school leaders that you will get a great input that the children will remember for a very long time.’
Lee McClure – Headteacher – Springvale Primary School